Off the Blogosphere...

I'm touching in briefly to let you know that moving (and everything that entails) has put me into a state of suspended animation--no internet, no email, and no blog. I've also been off of WOWY which hasn't been easy to live without. It's almost like getting shunted back to the dark ages of working out solo--no accountability and no online community. It's weird how a seemingly insignificant piece of electronic connectivity can make that much of a difference.

Even now, over a week after my move, I feel like I'm still holding my breath. My family and I are still living in the eye of a hurricane, discovering socks in our utensil drawers and dishes in the clothes hampers. It's a great exercise in serendipity. It's also reminded me that moving isn't a one day event. It's a many day process.

That's the same way I've come to think of health and lifestyle changes. My experience tells me that big decisions--fitness or otherwise--fall into the same category of process. No magic bullet/pill/panacea. No one size fits all, cures-all, ends-all solution. Life is an endless string of mini-transformations. Sometimes you hit a u-turn, a hiccup here and a reversal there. But the overarching goal is that you continue in the trajectory that leads you to your goals.

For me right now, the goal is to keep up with my workouts and to find that missing drawer that contains my clean boxers. Chances are that's where I stashed the steak knives...

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme