New Year, New Body

I'm nearing the end of p90x phase III and it's been a lesson in pain. The pay-off is that after a few months of dedicated butt-kicking, I ALMOST crave the lactic build-up at the end of the plyometrics routine.

It definitely hasn't been easy. But hey, deep fried Thanksgiving turkey is served on a silver platter, not p90x. I admit though that sometimes I wish I could join that turkey for a dip in 220 degree peanut oil. Some nights my fingers were so cold I could hardly push the play button. But 15 minutes later my jacket and shirt would be on the floor and the 50 degree room would feel like a sauna.

Then there was the mini-trip to Hawaii. My freeze-conditioned body wasn't ready for 80 degree nights that were humid enough to cut with the Kenpo routine's "high sword, low hammer" move. Still, sweating, jumping, and panting in "paradise" within view and ear-shot of the ocean isn't something to complain about.

Those of you "just thinking" about getting fit, stop thinking. Intentions don't make you fit. My advice for the New Year: Stop circling the pool. Just jump right in, the oil, I mean...the water's fine. Just be ready to say "Thank you sir may I have another?" In the end, your body will be doing the thanking.

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme